Racing fans looking for some excitement in the weeks to come can make their way to the East Alabama Motor Speedway on June 21. This is where the first annual Randy Helton Memorial Race will take place. Named for Randy Helton from Palmetto, Georgia, who passed away in March this year at just 47 years of age, the race promises to be a good one. Helton raced regularly in the Oâ€™Reilly United Sprint Car Series during his career as a driver and he also worked as crew chief for the man who founded the series. The speedway, which is located just seven miles from Phoenix City on Highway 80 West, was Heltonâ€™s favorite race track and so it is a fitting choice of venue for this memorial event.
Auto Racing News
- A Texas showdown: Formula One vs. NASCAR - Motorsport.com
- Texas draws disparate motor sports fans to NASCAR, Formula One races - Toronto Star
- Kimi Raikkonen interested in return to NASCAR - USA TODAY
- SHR names Rex Stump technical director - Lexington Herald Leader
- Diffey on F1 title battle: “First or second for Lewis... - NBCSports.com
Voting PollLoading ...
Tagsautomobiles auto show california carl edwards car show championship circuit daytona daytona 500 drag racing drivers event events f1 ferrari florida ford formula 1 formula one grand prix hall of fame indianapolis indycar jimmie johnson kyle busch le mans mclaren motorcycles motorsports muscle cars nascar nhra race tracks racing racing events racing industry racing season sebastian vettel speedway sprint cup teams technology tony stewart tracks united states
Featured VideoBurning Wheels: Palestinian women racing... [03:04]