A group of math and science students recently gathered at Charlotte Motor Speedway to hear a panel of experts, including a real astronaut, explain a number of similarities between auto racing and space travel. Both astronauts and NASCAR or Formula 1 drivers rely on a team of aerodynamic scientists to maximize their speed while complying with safety measures.
Auto Racing News
- NASCAR's Stewart involved in fatal crash - ESPN F1
- NASCAR - Camping World Truck - Chevrolet Silverado 250 Preview - Macon Telegraph (blog)
- Monday Motorsports: Flawless Ricciardo Scores Formula One Win at Spa - New York Times
- AUTO RACING PACKAGE: Auto Racing Glance - Washington Post
- Murto: Mercedes' F1 team in turmoil - Northern Virginia Daily
- August 31, 2014
- September 14, 2014
- September 21, 2014
- September 28, 2014
- October 5, 2014
Voting PollLoading ...
Tagsautomobiles auto show california carl edwards car show championship circuit daytona daytona 500 drag racing drivers event events f1 ferrari florida ford formula 1 formula one grand prix hall of fame indianapolis indycar jimmie johnson kyle busch le mans mclaren motorcycles motorsports muscle cars nascar nhra race tracks racing racing events racing industry racing season sebastian vettel speedway sprint cup teams technology tony stewart tracks united states
Featured VideoNASA Pro Racing 2011 Round 7 Closing Lap... [05:49]