In 1898, Gaston de Chasseloup-Laubat, set the first land speed record at a break-neck speed of 39.24 M.P.H. In October of 1997, Andy Green of Great Britain moved the needle past the 763 M.P.H mark and becoming the first person to break the sound barrier on land. The need for speed has come a long way.
Auto Racing News
- Year in Review: A look back at prominent people who died in 2014 - Syracuse.com
- Destined for the Junkyard, but Not Until the Race Is Over - New York Times
- Audi: Growth Also In Motorsport - PaddockTalk
- Roush Fenway Racing Signs Bubba Wallace - PaddockTalk
- NASCAR team crew member suspended (again) for substance abuse - Motorsport.com
Voting PollLoading ...
Tagsautomobiles auto show california carl edwards car show championship circuit daytona daytona 500 drag racing drivers event events f1 ferrari florida ford formula 1 formula one grand prix hall of fame indianapolis indycar jimmie johnson kyle busch le mans mclaren motorcycles motorsports muscle cars nascar nhra race tracks racing racing events racing industry racing season sebastian vettel speedway sprint cup teams technology tony stewart tracks united states
Featured VideoBurning Wheels: Palestinian women racing... [03:04]