Saturday night’s STP 300 Nationwide race at Chicagoland Speedway saw drivers roll over the finish line to victory, powered by momentum and a whiff of gas. The last four laps of the race turned into a duel between Carl Edwards and Justin Allgaier. With Carl Edwards in the lead, Justin Allgaier was close behind as Edwards’ car ran out of fuel. Recognizing the tell-tale wobble of a car with no fuel, Allgaier grabbed the opportunity to pass Edwards. Although his car ran out of fuel soon after passing his opponent, Allgaier managed to cross the line in first place, with Edwards coming in second and Trevor Bayne taking third spot.
Auto Racing News
- NASCAR's Stewart involved in fatal crash - ESPN F1
- Monday Motorsports: Flawless Ricciardo Scores Formula One Win at Spa - New York Times
- Audi Motorsport-Newsletter 31/2014 - PaddockTalk
- Record-breaking run for Danica at Atlanta - Motorsport.com
- 2014 Atlanta: TriStar Motorsports NASCAR Nationwide Race Recap - PaddockTalk
- September 14, 2014
- September 21, 2014
- September 28, 2014
- October 5, 2014
Voting PollLoading ...
Tagsautomobiles auto show california carl edwards car show championship circuit daytona daytona 500 drag racing drivers event events f1 ferrari florida ford formula 1 formula one grand prix hall of fame indianapolis indycar jimmie johnson kyle busch le mans mclaren motorcycles motorsports muscle cars nascar nhra race tracks racing racing events racing industry racing season sebastian vettel speedway sprint cup teams technology tony stewart tracks united states
Featured VideoBurning Wheels: Palestinian women racing... [03:04]