In 1951, Wally Sparks created the National Hot Rod Association to spotlight the sport of drag racing. Starting in the California, Wally and a few friends roll up their top fuel dragsters and created a true American icon of sport. In 1965, Maynard Rupp was crowned the first National Champion and for the past 40 years, a new winner has been awarded the prize of fastest driver in America.
Auto Racing News
- NASCAR's Stewart involved in fatal crash - ESPN F1
- Patrick finishes sixth to earn best career result - Motorsport.com
- Monday Motorsports: Flawless Ricciardo Scores Formula One Win at Spa - New York Times
- Briscoe family embraces change as wife becomes ESPN anchor - USA TODAY
- Audi Motorsport-Newsletter 31/2014 - PaddockTalk
- September 14, 2014
- September 21, 2014
- September 28, 2014
- October 5, 2014
Voting PollLoading ...
Tagsautomobiles auto show california carl edwards car show championship circuit daytona daytona 500 drag racing drivers event events f1 ferrari florida ford formula 1 formula one grand prix hall of fame indianapolis indycar jimmie johnson kyle busch le mans mclaren motorcycles motorsports muscle cars nascar nhra race tracks racing racing events racing industry racing season sebastian vettel speedway sprint cup teams technology tony stewart tracks united states
Featured VideoBurning Wheels: Palestinian women racing... [03:04]