In 1951, Wally Sparks created the National Hot Rod Association to spotlight the sport of drag racing. Starting in the California, Wally and a few friends roll up their top fuel dragsters and created a true American icon of sport. In 1965, Maynard Rupp was crowned the first National Champion and for the past 40 years, a new winner has been awarded the prize of fastest driver in America.
Auto Racing News
- Kimi Raikkonen interested in return to NASCAR - USA TODAY
- A Texas showdown: Formula One vs. NASCAR - Motorsport.com
- US tycoon Gene Haas wants to race to billions with Formula One team Haas on ... - CNN
- Fraley: Overlap of NASCAR, Formula 1 makes for tricky weekend; TMS president ... - Dallas Morning News
- Formula One's big teams like Ferrari and Red Bull equally to blame for demise ... - Telegraph.co.uk
- November 2, 2014
- November 9, 2014
- November 17, 2014
Voting PollLoading ...
Tagsautomobiles auto show california carl edwards car show championship circuit daytona daytona 500 drag racing drivers event events f1 ferrari florida ford formula 1 formula one grand prix hall of fame indianapolis indycar jimmie johnson kyle busch le mans mclaren motorcycles motorsports muscle cars nascar nhra race tracks racing racing events racing industry racing season sebastian vettel speedway sprint cup teams technology tony stewart tracks united states
Featured VideoBurning Wheels: Palestinian women racing... [03:04]