In 1951, Wally Sparks created the National Hot Rod Association to spotlight the sport of drag racing. Starting in the California, Wally and a few friends roll up their top fuel dragsters and created a true American icon of sport. In 1965, Maynard Rupp was crowned the first National Champion and for the past 40 years, a new winner has been awarded the prize of fastest driver in America.
Auto Racing News
- IndyCar CEO Mark Miles wary about possible return to Brazil - USA TODAY
- Williams welcomes Alpinestars as New Supplier of Technical Race Apparel - TheSportsCampus.com
- SHR eager to put 2014 in the rearview - ESPN
- Goodbye, Gordon; Truex Ready for Fresh Start - PaddockTalk
- Jeff Gordon announces 2015 will be his last full-time in NASCAR - wtvr.com
- February 14, 2015
- February 19, 2015
- February 22, 2015
- March 8, 2015
Voting PollLoading ...
Tagsautomobiles auto show california carl edwards car show championship circuit daytona daytona 500 drag racing drivers event events f1 ferrari florida ford formula 1 formula one grand prix hall of fame indianapolis indycar jimmie johnson kyle busch le mans mclaren motorcycles motorsports muscle cars nascar nhra race tracks racing racing events racing industry racing season sebastian vettel speedway sprint cup teams technology tony stewart tracks united states
Featured VideoBurning Wheels: Palestinian women racing... [03:04]